How to find us - driving directions and transport links
Frazione Casate 71
We can send more detailed driving directions from any of the three main airports on request
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT VILLA ACCESS
Access to the villa is down 200 steps from the road
Don’t overload with luggage! – staff can help bring it down in good time
Hold children’s hands – steep slopes beside the steps
Don’t forget anything important!
Bergamo (Orio al Serio)
Lugano (few flights)
* IMPORTANT: please see comments below about flight times if you are getting public transport to the villa
Parking at the Villa
- Short gated parking area down from the road through the gates – good for up to three narrow cars.
- Short layby at gates – good for two cars
- About 100m from the villa (in the direction of Bellagio) there is a large layby – this is the easiest parking option for many cars
Private Airport transfers are available from all of the airports. You can expect to pay between €150-250 each way depending on time of day and number of passengers.
- http://www/flytolake.com (taxis and also a cheaper shuttle service four times per day)
By Public Transport
PLEASE NOTE: PUBLIC TRANSPORT BECOMES VERY SCARCE EARLY MORNING AND LATE EVENING, SO AVOID LATE FLIGHTS TO, OR EARLY FLIGHTS FROM, MILAN.
As a general rule, provided your flight lands before 6pm, or departs after 10am, public transport should be fine. BUT CHECK YOUR ROUTE BEFORE BOOKING YOUR FLIGHTS TO MAKE SURE THE CONNECTIONS WORK!
Click here to plan your route - it covers all modes of transport around the lake from trains, buses and boats:
- The nearest towns by boat are Bellagio and Lezzeno - you will need to get a 5-10min taxi or the C30 bus to the villa. Bus tickets cannot be purchased on the bus, so tickets must be purchased from the bus station in Bellagio or from most Tabacchi
- The nearest bus stop is Ponte del Diavolo (50m) on the C30 Line between Como and Bellagio. This is a request stop so ask the bus driver for Villa Lucertola/Ponte del Diavolo. Bus tickets cannot be purchased on the bus, so tickets must be purchased from the bus station in Como or from most Tabacchi
- The nearest train stations are in Como and Varenna, but you will need onward transport to the Villa, (bus, boat, taxi or a combination)